Friday, July 22, 2011

If It Isn't One Thing It's Another




We had a little visit to the vet this week. And by we I mean Bell...although I did drive her to her appointment.

Bell and Nicki have both been having excessive shedding issues for some time now. But what really prompted me to bring her to the vet was a bright red inner ear, with scratching and a bad smell. I did what I could with her ears at home but it just wasn't really getting much better for more than a day or so.

When we got there Bell didn't seem very nervous. She's used to being there with Nicki so I thought she was doing very well being on her own. She still weighed 60 lbs....same as last time. And we didn't have to wait very long before being brought into the exam room. We barely waited 5 mins and Dr Aronson was coming through the door.

To my surprise, as soon as he walked through the door Bell's face took on that 'statue look' and she started peeing all over the floor. Was this fear peeing? Bell always acts odd when she's not sure of her situation but I've never known her to be a nervous pee-er before...and I hope it's not sometime she's going to continue doing.
Well, long story short Bell has an ear infection. Ear drops and some ear wash were dispensed and we were on our way. She's already showing great improvement in the ear.

And just between you and me? After I saw the bill for that visit I was really glad Bell peed all over the floor. Makes me feel like I got my money's worth for a change. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment