Saturday, May 25, 2013

New Trail with The Girls



 It doesn't much matter where they go, the girls love to be out of the house. And if the outing happens to include woods...well that's all the better. 

We took a new trail that shoots off to the right on the linear trail in Enfield. There looks to be a lot of beaver activity in our area lately...or at least I'm finding it lately. I really never see any beavers so I don't know when they might have been on the building spree. It always seems like I find tons of unfinished work belonging to them but never a fully completed home...not even a condo.  


The girls are excited to be in the woods but they'd much rather I'd not stop to take pictures. If they had their way they'd be running loose in the woods raising havoc with the local animals. I wouldn't put it past them to jump in the water and inspect that beaver work up close!




I came across some leaves with what looks like insect eggs on them. Bell and Nicki said it looked like acne. When they got done laughing about that they insisted all the way home that it was leaf acne. They have an odd sense of humor. 



 The trail was skinny and rather close to the river at one point. The girls always want to go first but when I come to an area like this I sometimes get flashes of me falling in the water ....and them laughing at me while I flounder around trying to get out. 
And that's why I always have them walk single file to the side of me or behind me. I have to give them credit for learning to walk single file while on a dual leash. That takes a little finesse. 
This handsome fella was determined not to let me get too close. This was the best picture I could get of him. I tied the girls to a tree so I could sneak up on him but he was watching me the whole time. He was not impressed with my sneaking abilities. The girls never saw him at all. Every time I got close enough to make him uncomfortable he would fly farther up the trail to get away from me. Then he'd sit in a tree and laugh at my frustration. I think he's telling me I need a better camera.  

No comments:

Post a Comment