Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Santa-Bell

This is not my house. This is not my dog...and I'm quite thankful for that.


This one looks like Bell a little bit but thankfully it's not my dog either.

However that is not to say that Bell hasn't been a bad girl this Christmas...she certainly has! No presents were left under our tree. No stockings were placed out to be filled by Santa. Bell was not to be trusted!

What did Bell do that was so bad? Well she dragged the tree skirt out and chewed on the middle of it. I found it on the bookcase where someone had taken it away from her. A few days later she did it again. Now it had a jagged hole chewed through the center so into the garbage it goes.

A day or so later she chewed the heck out of a plastic squeaky toy and tried to pin it on Nicki. Later that same day she somehow got a stick in the house and left that chewed up in pieces all over the dining room floor.

But the grand finale was when I carefully placed a soft stuffed kitten in the center part of the Christmas tree for Kaylee to find...only to see that toy being used as the center of a tug of war between the two dogs not 5 minutes later!!

The scream that came out of my mouth was ear splitting but only Nicki let go and ran for her pen. Bell stood there with the toy in her mouth like everything was just fine! What could possibly be wrong?? Now there's proof that Bell is dumb as a rock because I never stopped screaming and still she just stood there wagging her tail! It wasn't until I took the toy from her while yelling NO NO NO and BAD DOG over and over again that the light finally went on in Bells head. Luckily for her she got to her pen real quick and I just locked her inside...still yelling BAD DOG over and over again.

I honestly don't think that dog will ever figure out the rules. *sigh* She's a dumb-bell for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment