Sunday, March 7, 2010

On Me Butt

I took the girls to "play tennis" today. We do it often. They don't use rackets or even any tennis balls...they just chase each other until they are exhausted. We've gone to play tennis many times and in fact it's one of their favor past times and a great way for them to blow off steam (and it helps save on wear and tear in my house!).They only have eyes for the chase when we get there in fact they completely ignore me. I am just their driver and not to be considered until they have completely tired themselves out with tongues hanging out and heaving sides. More often than not they are covered in each others spit because part of "catch me if you can" is also "grab your sister by the collar" as she goes zooming by! (I wonder why I never played that with MY sisters?)
When I thought they were done body slamming and generally going nuts, I called Nicki to me and once I saw she was running towards me I turned to see where Bell was. Apparently Nicki was having a brake problem because suddenly I found myself on my butt!! Nicki had slammed into me full force and knocked me down! And I mean both legs up in the air, flat on my back kind of knocking me down. That shocked the hell out of me and I was further shocked when Nicki actually stopped near me as if to say she was sorry for knocking me down. I guess it's true that most dogs won't bite the hand that feeds them but they didn't say a thing about dogs knocking down the body that goes with the hand that feeds them!

1 comment: