Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our First Vet Visit

Mom told us we had to go see the Veterinarian. I don't know what the big deal was...we see lots of people. When the day came for us to go Mom put some of our poop in jars! We thought this was really weird...she usually puts it in a bucket and throws it away. Nicki said she didn't have to do potty but I think she didn't want Mom putting hers in a jar.

On our way to the Vet Mom kept telling us to sit down a lot. We didn't do it....we were too excited. Nicki says we don't have to do anything Mom says when we're in the car cuz she never turns around to see what we're doing. I think Nicki was trying to get me in trouble again so I decided to take a nap. A few minutes later I smelled something weird. I think Mom smelled it too cuz she started yelling and pulled the car over real fast. Nicki climbed up on top of me which means she did something real bad! She was scared she was gonna get it this time. Mom never pulled the car over before.

Mom was standing outside the car saying a lot of loud words I never heard before. I never saw her dance like that before either. Nicki and I thought it was funny so we jumped up and pranced on the seat. We wanted to dance too!
But when Mom opened the door she wasn't dancing anymore...she was mad! Then I saw that Nicki had pooped on the floor and it was on the side of the door too. When Mom told us to sit down we did it this time. I don't know why Mom was so mad...can't she just put it in a jar for the Veterinarian? He likes poop in a jar, right?

Well eventually Mom got it cleaned up but the car still smelled bad. Mom left all the windows down and kept telling Nicki she was a bad dog. Nicki doesn't like getting yelled at so we both took a nap for the rest of the ride. For once I was the good girl and smarty pants Nicki was the bad girl. Next time go poop on the lawn when Mommy tells you Nicki! (sometimes Nicki's not as smart as she thinks she is)

When we got to the Vet's office Mom told everyone what Nicki did. She kept saying she never had a dog do that in her car before. They all thought it was funny too...I TOLD you it was funny Mom! The Vet checked me and Nicki out all over. He cleaned our ears and trimmed our nails too. I let him do everything because I wanted him to like me. Nicki didn't even pull her foot away when he trimmed her nails. I think she didn't want to get in anymore trouble for awhile. Then he gave us each a needle. I didn't like that too much but Nicki didn't even flinch and that's not like her at all! After that Mom and the Vet talked a lot. I don't know what they were talking about...just boring stuff to me. Nicki and I poked around the room until it was time to go. (I was ready to leave as soon as I got that needle)

On the way home the car still smelled bad but Mom wasn't mad anymore. She told us we better stay healthy cuz that visit just cost her a bundle. We don't know what a "bundle" is but we'll stay healthy if we can...and I don't think Nicki will poop in the car again either. (puppy giggle)

No comments:

Post a Comment